🎡 2023 AP Physics 1 Study Plan and Progress Tracker
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources! AP Physics 1 is an algebra-based, college-level course where you will develop an understanding of important physics concepts like kinematics, systems, interactions, change, and conservation through inquiry-driven study and lab experiences.
🚨 All you need to know about the 2023 AP Physics 1 Exam!
The AP Physics 1 Exam
A breakdown of the exam content by percentage.
|Unit||Exam Weighting (MCQ)|
|Unit 1: Kinematics||12%–18%|
|Unit 2: Dynamics||16%–20%|
|Unit 3: Circular Motion and Gravitation||6%–8%|
|Unit 4: Energy||20%–28%|
|Unit 5: Momentum||12%–18%|
|Unit 6: Simple Harmonic Motion||4%–6%|
|Unit 7: Torque and Rotational Motion||12%–18%|
By taking AP Physics 1, you’ll gain a variety of skills that will help you think and practice like a physicist.
|Skill||Description||Exam Weighting (MCQ)||Exam Weighting (FRQ)|
|1. Modeling||Use representations and models to communicate scientific phenomena and solve scientific problems||28%–32%||22%–36%|
|2. Mathematical Routines||Use mathematics appropriately||16%–20%||17%–29%|
|3. Scientific Questioning||Engage in scientific questioning to extend thinking or to guide investigations within the context of the AP course||N/A||N/A|
|4. Experimental Methods||Plan and implement data-collection strategies in relation to a particular scientific question||2%–4%||8%–16%|
|5. Data Analysis||Perform data analysis and evaluation of evidence||10%–12%||6%–14%|
|6. Argumentation||Work with scientific explanations and theories||24–28%||17–29%|
|7. Making Connections||Connect and relate knowledge across various scales, concepts, and representations in and across domains||10–16%||2–9%|
Download our free 2023 AP Physics 1 Study Tracker Notion Template. It's free for all students to use. Track your study progress, rate your confidence levels, and store notes in each study guide page. It's the perfect companion to Fiveable's AP Study Guides!
Study Guides for Every Unit
👟 Unit 1 - Kinematics
- 1.0 Unit 1 Overview
- 1.1 Position, Velocity, and Acceleration
- 1.2 Representations of Motion
- 1.3 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1.4 MC Answers and Review
🌀 Unit 2 - Dynamics
- 2.0 Unit 2 Overview
- 2.1 Systems
- 2.2 The Gravitational Field
- 2.3 Contact Forces
- 2.4 Newton's First Law
- 2.5 Newton's Third Law and Free-Body Diagrams
- 2.6 Newton's Second Law
- 2.7 Applications of Newton’s Second Law
- 2.8 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2.9 MC Answers and Review
🚀 Unit 3 - Circular Motion
- 3.0 Unit 3 Overview
- 3.1 Vector Fields
- 3.2 Fundamental Forces
- 3.3 Gravitational and Electric Forces
- 3.4 Gravitational Field/Acceleration Due to Gravity on Different Planets
- 3.5 Inertial vs. Gravitational Mass
- 3.6 Centripetal Acceleration and Centripetal Force
- 3.7 Free-Body Diagrams for Objects in Uniform Circular Motion
- 3.8 Applications of Circular Motion and Gravitation
- 3.9 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3.10 MC Answers and Review
⚡ Unit 4 - Energy
- 4.0 Unit 4 Overview
- 4.1 Open and Closed Systems: Energy
- 4.2 Work and Mechanical Energy
- 4.3 Conservation of Energy, the Work-Energy Principle, and Power
- 4.4 Multiple Choice Questions
- 4.5 MC Answers and Review
⛳️ Unit 5 - Momentum
- 5.0 Unit 5 Overview
- 5.1 Momentum and Impulse
- 5.2 Representations of Changes in Momentum
- 5.3 Open and Closed Systems: Momentum
- 5.4 Conservation of Linear Momentum
- 5.5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 5.6 MC Answers and Review
🎸 Unit 6 - Simple Harmonic Motion
- 6.0 Unit 6 Overview
- 6.1 Period of Simple Harmonic Oscillators
- 6.2 Energy of a Simple Harmonic Oscillator
- 6.3 Multiple Choice Questions
- 6.4 MC Answers and Review
🎡 Unit 7 - Torque and Rotational Motion
- 7.0 Unit 7 Overview
- 7.1 Rotational Kinematics
- 7.2 Torque and Angular Acceleration
- 7.3 Angular Momentum and Torque
- 7.4 Conservation of Angular Momentum
- 7.5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 7.6 MC Answers and Review
AP Physics 1 Exam Essentials
- ✨ Test Overview: Want to know about the exam, including the structure and requirements? We got you!
- ✍🏽 Paragraph Length Response: A complete breakdown of the writing and thinking process for this type of question. Examples and practice prompts are included.
- ✍🏽 Quantitive/Qualitative Translation: A complete breakdown of the writing and thinking process for this type of question. Examples and practice prompts are included.
- 📹 Previous FRQ Review: A replay of a livestream that goes over an FRQ on a previous exam.
- 🤔 Is AP Physics 1 Hard? Is AP Physics 1 Worth Taking?: A breakdown of the two most asked questions about AP Physics 1, including tips and advice from previous AP Physics 1 students.
- 🏫 AP Physics 1 Self-Study and Homeschool: Thinking about self-studying or homeschooling AP Physics 1? We got you!
- 📕 Best AP Physics 1 Textbooks and Prep Books: A breakdown of the top 3 prep books for AP Physics 1!
- 🚀 How to get a 5 in AP Physics 1: Breakdown of the exam, along with tips and tricks to ensure you do your best!
- ⏱️ AP Physics 1 Free-Response Questions (FRQ) – Past Prompts: A complete breakdown of the FRQ writing, along with a sortable list of all AP Physics 1 past prompts.
We have over 250 replays, slide decks, and study guides for AP Physics 1! Go on and get that 5!
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Physics 1 resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Physics 1?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP Physics 1 exam?