⚙️ 2023 AP Physics C: Mechanics Study Plan
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources! AP Physics C: Mechanics is a calculus-based, college-level course where you will continue to develop an understanding of important physics concepts like change, force interactions, fields, and conservation through inquiry-driven study and lab experiences.
🚨 All you need to know about the 2023 AP Physics C: Mechanics Exam!
The AP Physics C: Mechanics Exam
A breakdown of the exam content by percentage.
|Unit||Exam Weighting (MCQ)|
|Unit 1: Kinematics||14%–20%|
|Unit 2: Newton’s Laws of Motion||17%–23%|
|Unit 3: Work, Energy, and Power||14%–17%|
|Unit 4: Systems of Particles and Linear Momentum||14%–17%|
|Unit 5: Rotation||14%–20%|
|Unit 6: Oscillations||6%–14%|
|Unit 7: Gravitation||6%–14%|
By taking AP Physics C: Mechanics, you’ll gain a variety of skills that will help you think and practice like a physicist.
|Skill||Description||Exam Weighting (MCQ)||Exam Weighting (FRQ)|
|1. Visual Representations||Analyze and/or use representations of physical situations, excluding graphs.||14–17%||4–7%|
|2. Question and Method||Determine scientific questions and methods.||3–6%||6–11%|
|3. Representing Data and Phenomena||Create visual representations or models of physical situations.||Not assessed in the multiple-choice section||13–20%|
|4. Data Analysis||Analyze quantitative data represented in graphs.||14–17%||8–13%|
|5. Theoretical Relationships||Determine the effects on a quantity when another quantity or the physical situation changes.||25–34%||20–24%|
|6. Mathematical Routines||Solve problems of physical situations using mathematical relationships.||14–20%||20–24%|
|7. Argumentation||Develop an explanation or scientific argument.||14–20%||11–18%|
Study Guides for Every Unit
🚗 Unit 1 - Kinematics
- 1.1 Kinematics Overview and Motion in One Dimension
- 1.2 Motion in Two Dimensions
- 1.3 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1.4 MC Answers and Review
🚀 Unit 2 - Newton's Laws of Motion
- 2.1 Newton's Laws of Motion: First and Second Law
- 2.2 Circular Motion
- 2.3 Newton's Laws of Motion: Third Law
- 2.4 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2.5 MC Answers and Review
🎢 Unit 3 - Work, Energy, and Power
- 3.1 Work-Energy Theorem
- 3.2 Forces and Potential Energy
- 3.3 Conservation of Energy
- 3.4 Power
- 3.5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3.6 MC Answers and Review
🎳 Unit 4 - Systems of Particles and Linear Momentum
- 4.0 Unit 4 Overview
- 4.1 Center of Mass
- 4.2 Impulse and Momentum
- 4.3 Conservation of Linear Momentum and Collisions
- 4.4 Multiple Choice Questions
- 4.5 MC Answers and Review
🚲 Unit 5 - Rotation
- 5.0 Unit 5 Overview
- 5.1 Torque and Rotational Statics
- 5.2 Rotational Kinematics
- 5.3 Rotational Dynamics and Energy
- 5.4 Angular Momentum and Its Conservation
- 5.5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 5.6 MC Answers and Review
🌊 Unit 6 - Oscillations
- 6.0 Unit 6 Overview
- 6.1 Simple Harmonic Motion, Springs, and Pendulums
- 6.2 Multiple Choice Questions
- 6.3 MC Answers and Review
🪐 Unit 7 - Gravitation
- 7.1 Gravitational Forces
- 7.2 Orbits of Planets and Satellites
- 7.3 Multiple Choice Questions
- 7.4 MC Answers and Review
- 📕 Best AP Physics C Textbooks and Prep Books: A breakdown of the top prep books and textbooks for AP Physics C!
- 🤯 How to Get a 5 in AP Physics C: Mechanics: Tips and tricks to acing the AP Physics C: Mechanics exam!
Check out all of our AP Physics C: Mech Resources!
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Physics C: Mechanics resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Physics C: Mechanics?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP Physics C: Mechanics exam?