⌨️ 2023 AP Computer Science Principles Study Plan
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything you need to know for AP CSP! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources. AP Computer Science Principles is a college-level course where you will develop an understanding of the field of computer science as a whole. You will explore real-world problems by creating algorithms and programs, ultimately contributing to a more collaborative, ethical computing culture.
🚨 All you need to know about the 2023 AP Computer Science Principles Exam!
The AP Computer Science Principles Exam
A breakdown of the exam content by percentage.
|Big Idea||Exam Weighting (Multiple-Choice Section)|
|Algorithms and Programming||30%–35%|
|Computer Systems and Networks||11%–15%|
|Impact of Computing||21%–26%|
Computational Thinking Practices
By taking AP Computer Science Principles, you’ll gain a variety of skills that will help you think and code like a computer scientist—collaboratively and ethically.
|Skill||Description||Exam Weighting (Multiple-Choice Section)|
|1. Computational Solution Design||Design and evaluate computational solutions for a purpose.||18%–25%|
|2. Algorithms and Program Development||Develop and implement algorithms.||20%–28%|
|3. Abstraction in Program Development||Develop programs that incorporate abstractions.||7%–12%|
|4. Code Analysis||Evaluate and test algorithms and programs.||12%–19%|
|5. Computing Innovations||Investigate computing innovations.||28%–33%|
|6. Responsible Computing||Contribute to an inclusive, safe, collaborative, and ethical computing culture.||Not assessed|
Study Guides for Every Unit
🕹️ Unit 1 – Creative Development
- 1.1 Creative Development and Collaboration
- 1.2 Program Function and Purpose
- 1.3 Program Design and Development
- 1.4 Identifying and Correcting Errors
- 1.5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1.6 MC Answers and Review
⚙️ Unit 2 – Data
- 2.0 Big Idea 2 Overview
- 2.1 Binary Numbers
- 2.2 Data Compression
- 2.3 Extracting Information from Data
- 2.4 Using Programs with Data
- 2.5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2.6 MC Answers and Review
📱 Unit 3 – Algorithms and Processing
- 3.0 Big Idea 3 Overview
- 3.1 Variables and Assignments
- 3.2 Data Abstraction
- 3.3 Mathematical Expressions
- 3.4 Strings
- 3.5 Boolean Expressions
- 3.6 Conditionals
- 3.7 Nested Conditionals
- 3.8 Iteration
- 3.9 Developing Algorithms
- 3.10 Lists
- 3.11 Binary Search
- 3.12 Calling Procedures
- 3.13 Developing Procedures
- 3.14 Libraries
- 3.15 Random Values
- 3.16 Simulations
- 3.17 Algorithmic Efficiency
- 3.18 Undecidable Problems
- 3.19 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3.20 MC Answers and Review
🖥️ Unit 4 – Computer Systems & Networks
- 4.0 Big Idea 4 Overview
- 4.1 The Internet
- 4.2 Fault Tolerance
- 4.3 Parallel and Distributed Computing
- 4.4 Multiple Choice Questions
- 4.5 MC Answers and Review
⌨️ Unit 5 – Impact of Computing
- 5.0 Big Idea 5 Overview
- 5.1 Beneficial and Harmful Effects
- 5.2 Digital Divide
- 5.3 Computing Bias
- 5.4 Crowdsourcing
- 5.5 Legal and Ethical Concerns
- 5.6 Safe Computing
- 5.7 Multiple Choice Questions
- 5.8 MC Answers and Review
AP Computer Science Principles MCQ & Create Task
- 💻 How Can I Be Prepared for the AP CSP Create Performance Task?: An overview of the AP Computer Science Principles Create task and how to succeed on it!
- ✍🏽 How Can I Be Prepared for the AP CSP Multiple Choice Section?: An overview of the AP Computer Science Principles MCQ and how to succeed on it!
- 🤯 How to Get a 5 in AP Computer Science Principles: Tips and tricks from previous AP Computer Science Principles students on how to be successful in the course!
- 🤔 Is AP Computer Science Principles Hard? Is AP Computer Science Principles Worth Taking?: A breakdown of the two most asked questions about AP CSP, including tips and advice from previous AP CSP students.
Browse our replays, slide decks, and study guides for AP Computer Science Principles and get that 5!
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Computer Science Principles resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Comp Sci Principles?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP CSP exam?