🇨🇳 2023 AP Chinese Study Plan
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything you need to know to get a 5 on AP Chinese! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources! AP Chinese is a college-level course where you will develop language skills and study Chinese culture by engaging with real-life materials such as newspaper articles, films, music, and books!
🚨 All you need to know about the 2023 AP Chinese Exam!
The AP Chinese Language and Culture exam
A breakdown of the exam by unit.
|Unit 1: Families in Different Societies|
|Unit 2: The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity|
|Unit 3: Influences of Beauty and Art|
|Unit 4: How Science and Technology Affect Our Lives|
|Unit 5: Factors That Impact the Quality of Life|
|Unit 6: Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges|
By taking this course, you'll be able to develop critical thinking skills in the following areas:
|1. Comprehend Text||Comprehend written, audio, audiovisual, and visual text (text and pictures).|
|2. Make Connections||Make interdisciplinary and cultural connections.|
|3. Interpret Text||Interpret the content of written or audio text (words).|
|4. Make Meanings||Make meanings from words and expressions.|
|5. Speak to Others||Communicate interpersonally by speaking with others.|
|6. Write to Others||Communicate interpersonally by writing to others.|
|7. Present Orally||Communicate through spoken presentations.|
|8. Present in Writing||Communicate through written presentations.|
AP Chinese Study Guides for Every Unit
👨👩👦 Unit 1 - Families in Different Societies
- 1.0 Unit 1 Overview: Families in Different Societies
- 1.1 Families and Communities in China
- 1.2 Personal and Public Identities in China
- 1.3 Contemporary Life in China: Transportation and Tourism
- 1.4 Global Challenges Facing China
🗣️ Unit 2 - The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity
- 2.0 Unit 2 Overview: The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity
- 2.1 Personal and Public Identities in China
- 2.2 Beauty and Aesthetics in Chinese Architecture and Literature
- 2.3 Chinese Dining Etiquette and Chinese Cuisine
- 2.4 Internet and Healthcare in China
🎨 Unit 3 - Influences of Beauty and Art
- 3.0 Unit 3 Overview: Influences of Beauty and Art
- 3.1 Chinese Visual and Performing Arts
- 3.2 Chinese Music and Painting
- 3.3 Chinese Beauty Ideals and Pop Culture
- 3.4 Chinese Poetry and Architecture
🔬 Unit 4 - How Science and Technology Affect our Lives
- 4.0 Unit 4 Overview: How Science and Technology Affect Our Lives
- 4.1 China’s Advancements in Science and Technology
- 4.2 Health-Related Challenges in China
- 4.3 Technology in Contemporary Chinese Life
- 4.4 The Impact of Social Media in China
🏠 Unit 5 - Factors that Impact the Quality of Life
- 5.0 Unit 5 Overview: Factors That Impact the Quality of Life
- 5.1 Chinese Holidays and Celebrations
- 5.2 Chinese Tea Culture and Fengshui
- 5.3 Chinese Traditional Medicine
- 5.4 Chinese Calligraphy and Martial Arts
🌪️ Unit 6 - Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges
- 6.0 Unit 6 Overview: Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges
- 6.1 Global Tensions and Human Rights in China
- 6.2 Education and Work Culture in China
- 6.3 Environmental Issues in China
- 6.4 Economic and Housing Challenges Facing China
AP Chinese Quicklinks
- 🤔 Is AP Chinese Hard? Is AP Chinese Worth Taking?: A breakdown of the two most asked questions about AP Chinese, including tips and advice from previous AP Chinese students.
- 🏫 AP Chinese Self-Study and Homeschool: Thinking about self-studying or homeschooling AP Chinese? We got you!
- 🏆 How Can I Get a 5 in AP Chinese?: If you're taking the AP Chinese Language & Culture exam this year, you may be worrying about how much content you have to master before the exam in May. Sure, it is a lot of work, but by studying smart, it is completely achievable.
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Chinese resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Chinese?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP Chinese exam?