💵 2023 AP Macroeconomics Study Plan
AP Macroeconomics Survival Pack
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources! AP Macroeconomics is an introductory college-level macroeconomics course. In this course, you will cultivate your understanding of the principles that apply to an economic system as a whole. You will explore concepts like economic measurements, markets, macroeconomic models, and macroeconomic policies.
The AP Macroeconomics Exam
A breakdown of the exam by percentage.
|Unit||Exam Weighting (Multiple-Choice Section)|
|Unit 1: Basic Economic Concepts||5%–10%|
|Unit 2: Economic Indicators and the Business Cycle||12%–17%|
|Unit 3: National Income and Price Determination||17%–27%|
|Unit 4: Financial Sector||18%–23%|
|Unit 5: Long-Run Consequences of Stabilization Policies||20%–30%|
|Unit 6: Open Economy—International Trade and Finance||10%–13%|
By taking this course, you’ll be able to develop critical thinking skills in the following areas:
|1. Principles and Models||Define economic principles and models.|
|2. Interpretation||Explain given economic outcomes.|
|3. Manipulation||Determine outcomes of specific economic situations.|
|4. Graphing and Visuals||Model economic situations using graphs or visual representations.|
🚨 All you need to know about the 2023 AP Macroeconomics Exam !
Study Guides for Every Unit
💸 Unit 1 - Basic Economic Concepts
- 1.0 Unit 1 Overview
- 1.1 Scarcity
- 1.2 Opportunity Cost and the Production Possibilities Curve (PPC)
- 1.3 Comparative Advantage and Trade
- 1.4 Demand
- 1.5 Supply
- 1.6 Market Equilibrium, Disequilibrium, and Changes in Equilibrium
- 1.7 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1.8 MC Answers and Review
📈 Unit 2 - Economic Indicators and the Business Cycle
- 2.0 Unit 2 Overview
- 2.1 Circular Flow and GDP
- 2.2 Limitations of GDP
- 2.3 Unemployment
- 2.4 Price Indices and Inflation
- 2.5 Costs of Inflation
- 2.6 Real vs Nominal GDP
- 2.7 Business Cycles
- 2.8 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2.9 MC Answers and Review
💲 Unit 3 - National Income and Price Determination
- 3.0 Unit 3 Overview
- 3.1 Aggregate Demand
- 3.2 Multipliers
- 3.3 Short-Run Aggregate Supply (SRAS)
- 3.4 Long-Run Aggregate Supply (LRAS)
- 3.5 Equilibrium in Aggregate Demand-Aggregate Supply (AD-AS) Model
- 3.6 Changes in the AD-AS Model in the Short Run
- 3.7 Long-Run Self-Adjustment
- 3.8 Fiscal Policy
- 3.9 Automatic Stabilizers
- 3.10 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3.11 MC Answers and Review
💰 Unit 4 - Financial Sector
- 4.0 Unit 4 Overview
- 4.1 Financial Assets 💰
- 4.2 Nominal vs. Real Interest Rates
- 4.3 Definition, Measurement, and Functions of Money
- 4.4 Banking and the Expansion of the Money Supply
- 4.5 The Money Market
- 4.6 Monetary Policy
- 4.7 The Loanable Funds Market
- 4.8 Multiple Choice Questions
- 4.9 MC Answers and Review
⚖️ Unit 5 - Long-Run Consequences of Stabilization Policies
- 5.0 Unit 5 Overview
- 5.1 Fiscal and Monetary Policy Actions in the Short-Run
- 5.2 The Phillips Curve
- 5.3 Money Growth and Inflation
- 5.4 Deficits and the National Debt
- 5.5 Crowding Out
- 5.6 Economic Growth
- 5.7 Public Policy and Economic Growth
- 5.8 Multiple Choice Questions
- 5.9 MC Answers and Review
🏗️ Unit 6 - Open Economy-International Trade and Finance
- 6.0 Unit 6 Overview
- 6.1 Balance of Payments Accounts
- 6.2 Exchange Rates
- 6.3 Foreign Exchange Market
- 6.4 Effect of Changes in Policies & Economic Conditions on the Foreign Exchange Market
- 6.5 Changes in the Foreign Exchange Market and Net Exports
- 6.6 Multiple Choice Questions
- 6.7 MC Answers and Review
AP Macroeconomics Exam Skills: MCQ/FRQ
- 📜 AP Macroeconomics Exam Guide: The breakdown of each section of the exam including the types of questions, how many questions, weighting, and timing.
- ✍🏽 AP Macroeconomics Multiple Choice Help (MCQ): The multiple-choice section is the most significant section of your test, making up 66% of your score
- 💳 AP Macroeconomics Free-Response Help (FRQ): A sweet and simple breakdown of the free-response section, including examples, strategies, and expert advice.
- 🤔 Is AP Macroeconomics Hard? Is AP Macroeconomics Worth Taking?: A breakdown of the two most asked questions about AP Macroeconomics, including tips and advice from previous AP World History students.
- ✨ 5 Steps To Success In AP Macroeconomics: Whether you're about to take your exam or getting ready to take AP Economics for the first time, AP Macro may seem super intimidating. But we've got your back!
- 🏫 AP Macroeconomics Self-Study and Homeschool : Thinking about self-studying or homeschooling AP Macroeconomics? We got you!
Check out all of our AP Macroeconomics resources!
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Macroeconomics resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Macroeconomics?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP Macroeconomics?