💵 2023 AP Macroeconomics Study Plan
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources! AP Macroeconomics is an introductory college-level macroeconomics course. In this course, you will cultivate your understanding of the principles that apply to an economic system as a whole. You will explore concepts like economic measurements, markets, macroeconomic models, and macroeconomic policies.
🚨 All you need to know about the 2023 AP Macroeconomics Exam!
The AP Macroeconomics Exam
A breakdown of the exam by percentage.
|Unit||Exam Weighting (Multiple-Choice Section)|
|Unit 1: Basic Economic Concepts||5%–10%|
|Unit 2: Economic Indicators and the Business Cycle||12%–17%|
|Unit 3: National Income and Price Determination||17%–27%|
|Unit 4: Financial Sector||18%–23%|
|Unit 5: Long-Run Consequences of Stabilization Policies||20%–30%|
|Unit 6: Open Economy—International Trade and Finance||10%–13%|
By taking this course, you’ll be able to develop critical thinking skills in the following areas:
|1. Principles and Models||Define economic principles and models.|
|2. Interpretation||Explain given economic outcomes.|
|3. Manipulation||Determine outcomes of specific economic situations.|
|4. Graphing and Visuals||Model economic situations using graphs or visual representations.|
Study Guides for Every Unit
💸 Unit 1 - Basic Economic Concepts
- 1.0 Unit 1 Overview
- 1.1 Scarcity
- 1.2 Opportunity Cost and the Production Possibilities Curve (PPC)
- 1.3 Comparative Advantage and Trade
- 1.4 Demand
- 1.5 Supply
- 1.6 Market Equilibrium, Disequilibrium, and Changes in Equilibrium
- 1.7 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1.8 MC Answers and Review
📈 Unit 2 - Economic Indicators and the Business Cycle
- 2.0 Unit 2 Overview
- 2.1 Circular Flow and GDP
- 2.2 Limitations of GDP
- 2.3 Unemployment
- 2.4 Price Indices and Inflation
- 2.5 Costs of Inflation
- 2.6 Real vs Nominal GDP
- 2.7 Business Cycles
- 2.8 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2.9 MC Answers and Review
💲 Unit 3 - National Income and Price Determination
- 3.1 Aggregate Demand
- 3.2 Multipliers
- 3.3 Short-Run Aggregate Supply (SRAS)
- 3.4 Long-Run Aggregate Supply (LRAS)
- 3.5 Equilibrium in Aggregate Demand-Aggregate Supply (AD-AS) Model
- 3.6 Changes in the AD-AS Model in the Short Run
- 3.7 Long-Run Self-Adjustment
- 3.8 Fiscal Policy
- 3.9 Automatic Stabilizers
- 3.10 Multiple Choice Questions
- 3.11 MC Answers and Review
💰 Unit 4 - Financial Sector
- 4.0 Unit 4 Overview
- 4.1 Financial Assets 💰
- 4.2 Nominal vs. Real Interest Rates
- 4.3 Definition, Measurement, and Functions of Money
- 4.4 Banking and the Expansion of the Money Supply
- 4.5 The Money Market
- 4.6 Monetary Policy
- 4.7 The Loanable Funds Market
- 4.8 Multiple Choice Questions
- 4.9 MC Answers and Review
⚖️ Unit 5 - Long-Run Consequences of Stabilization Policies
- 5.0 Unit 5 Overview
- 5.1 Fiscal and Monetary Policy Actions in the Short-Run
- 5.2 The Phillips Curve
- 5.3 Money Growth and Inflation
- 5.4 Deficits and the National Debt
- 5.5 Crowding Out
- 5.6 Economic Growth
- 5.7 Public Policy and Economic Growth
- 5.8 Multiple Choice Questions
- 5.9 MC Answers and Review
🏗️ Unit 6 - Open Economy-International Trade and Finance
- 6.0 Unit 6 Overview
- 6.1 Balance of Payments Accounts
- 6.2 Exchange Rates
- 6.3 Foreign Exchange Market
- 6.4 Effect of Changes in Policies & Economic Conditions on the Foreign Exchange Market
- 6.5 Changes in the Foreign Exchange Market and Net Exports
- 6.6 Multiple Choice Questions
- 6.7 MC Answers and Review
AP Macroeconomics Exam Skills: MCQ/FRQ
- 📜 AP Macroeconomics Exam Guide: The breakdown of each section of the exam including the types of questions, how many questions, weighting, and timing.
- ✍🏽 AP Macroeconomics Multiple Choice Help (MCQ): The multiple-choice section is the most significant section of your test, making up 66% of your score
- 💳 AP Macroeconomics Free-Response Help (FRQ): A sweet and simple breakdown of the free-response section, including examples, strategies, and expert advice.
- 🤔 Is AP Macroeconomics Hard? Is AP Macroeconomics Worth Taking?: A breakdown of the two most asked questions about AP Macroeconomics, including tips and advice from previous AP World History students.
- ✨ 5 Steps To Success In AP Macroeconomics: Whether you're about to take your exam or getting ready to take AP Economics for the first time, AP Macro may seem super intimidating. But we've got your back!
- 🏫 AP Macroeconomics Self-Study and Homeschool : Thinking about self-studying or homeschooling AP Macroeconomics? We got you!
Check out all of our AP Macroeconomics resources!
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Macroeconomics resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Macroeconomics?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP Macroeconomics?