🇯🇵 2023 AP Japanese Study Plan
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything you need to know to get a 5 on AP Japanese! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources! AP Japanese is a college-level course where you will develop Japanese language skills and learn about Japanese culture by engaging with real-life materials such as newspaper articles, films, music, and books!
The AP Japanese Language and Culture exam
A breakdown of the exam by unit.
|Unit 1: Families in Different Societies|
|Unit 2: The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity|
|Unit 3: Influences of Beauty and Art|
|Unit 4: How Science and Technology Affect Our Lives|
|Unit 5: Factors That Impact the Quality of Life|
|Unit 6: Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges|
By taking this course, you'll be able to develop critical thinking skills in the following areas:
|1. Comprehend Text||Comprehend written, audio, audiovisual, and visual text (text, pictures, and numbers).|
|2. Make Connections||Make interdisciplinary and cultural connections.|
|3. Interpret Text||Interpret the content of written or audio text (words).|
|4. Make Meanings||Make meanings from words and expressions.|
|5. Speak to Others||Communicate interpersonally by speaking with others.|
|6. Write to Others||Communicate interpersonally by writing to others.|
|7. Present Orally||Communicate through spoken presentations.|
|8. Present in Writing||Communicate through written presentations.|
AP Japanese Study Guides for Every Unit
👨👩👦 Unit 1 - Families in Different Societies
- 1.0 AP Japanese Unit 1 Essay Prompts
- 1.1 Families in Different Societies
- 1.2 Family Values and Traditions
🗣️ Unit 2 - The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity
- 2.0 AP Japanese Unit 2 Essay Prompts
- 2.1 The Influence of Language and Culture on Identity
- 2.2 Greetings
🎨 Unit 3 - Influences of Beauty and Art
- 3.0 AP Japanese Unit 3 Essay Prompts
- 3.1 Influences of Beauty and Art
- 3.2 Aesthetics and Fashion
- 3.3 Visual and Performing Arts
- 3.4 Families and Communities
🔬 Unit 4 - How Science and Technology Affect our Lives
- 4.0 AP Japanese Unit 4 Essay Prompts
- 4.1 How Science and Technology Affect Our Lives
- 4.2 Science and Research
🏠 Unit 5 - Factors that Impact the Quality of Life
- 5.0 AP Japanese Unit 5 Essay Prompts
- 5.1 Factors That Impact the Quality of Life
- 5.2 Careers
- 5.3 Entertainment and Sports
- 5.4 Tourism and Japanese Cuisine
🌪️ Unit 6 - Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges
- 6.0 AP Japanese Unit 6 Essay Prompts
- 6.1 Environmental, Political, and Societal Challenges
- 6.2 Societal and Political Challenges
- 6.4 Families and Communities
AP Japanese Exam Skills - FRQ/MCQ
- 🗃️ AP Japanese Exam Guide: A complete breakdown of the AP Japanese exam, including advice and examples.
AP Japanese Quicklinks
- 🏆 How to Get a 5 in AP Japanese: Achieving a 5 on this exam is most definitely possible with the correct approach. In this post, we'll cover the skills you need to perfect to get a 5 on the exam. We've also compiled a list of top tips to help send you well on your way to a 5!
- 🏠 AP Japanese Self-Study and Homeschool: So, you're considering self-studying the course, but aren't sure if you should go for it? In this post, we'll discuss the pros and cons of self-studying AP Japanese and everything you need to know before deciding to embark on your journey!
- 🤔 Is AP Japanese Hard? Is AP Japanese Worth Taking: Thinking about taking AP Japanese, but aren't sure if it's right for you? Wondering if adding another AP class to your schedule is worth it? In this post, we'll discuss everything you need to know before enrolling in the AP Japanese course.
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Japanese resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Japanese?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP Japanese exam?