💃🏽 2023 AP Spanish Literature Study Plan
Welcome to this plethora of resources that cover everything you need to know to get a 5 on AP Spanish Literature! This toolkit is constantly being updated with more resources! AP Spanish Literature is a college-level course where you will build your language skills and cultural knowledge by exploring works of literature written in Spanish!
The AP Spanish Literature and Culture exam
A breakdown of the exam by unit.
|Unit 1: La época medieval|
|Unit 2: El siglo XVI|
|Unit 3: El siglo XVII|
|Unit 4: La literatura romántica, realista y naturalista|
|Unit 5: La Generación del 98 y el Modernismo|
|Unit 6: Teatro y poesía del siglo XX|
|Unit 7: El Boom latinoamericano|
|Unit 8: Escritores contemporáneos de Estados Unidos, y España|
By taking this course, you'll be able to develop critical thinking skills in the following areas:
|1. Analysis||Analyze and/or interpret literary texts and audio sources in the target language|
|2. Cultural Context and Connections||Make connections between a literary text and a non-literary text or an aspect of culture|
|3. Comparing Literary Texts||Compare literary texts|
|4. Comparing Texts and Art||Compare a how a theme is developed in a text and in a work of art|
|5. Argumentation||Develop an effective argument when writing a literary analysis|
|6. Language and Conventions||Use accurate language for literary analysis, and apply appropriate conventions of written language|
|7. Literary Discussions and Presentations||Engage in discussions about literary texts in the target language|
AP Spanish Literature Study Guides for Every Unit
🏇🏻 Unit 1 - La época medieval
🛳️ Unit 2 - El siglo XVI
- 2.0 Unit 2 Overview: El Siglo XVI (ESP)
- 2.1 Lazarillo de Tormes (Anónimo)
- 2.2 "La segunda carta de relación" (Hernán Cortes)
- 2.3 Visión de los vencidos
- 2.4 Soneto XXIII
🖌️ Unit 3 - El siglo XVII
- 3.0 Unit 3 Overview: El Siglo XVII (ESP)
- 3.1 Mientras por competir con tu cabello
- 3.2 Salmo XVII
- 3.3 Hombres necios que acusáis
- 3.4 Don Quixote
- 3.5 El burlador de Sevilla y convidado de piedra
🎨 Unit 4 - La literatura romántica, realista y naturalista
- 4.1 Rima LIII, "Volverán las oscuras golondrinas” – Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer
- 4.2 “En una tempestad” – José María Heredia
- 4.3 “Las medias rojas” – Emilia Pardo Bazán
🤺 Unit 5 - La Generación del 98 y el Modernismo
🎭 Unit 6 - Teatro y poesía del siglo XX
🌎 Unit 7 - El Boom latinoamericano
- 6.1 “Dos palabras” – Isabel Allende
- 6.2 "Chac Mool” – Carlos Fuentes
- 6.3 “El ahogado más hermoso del mundo” – Gabriel García Márquez
- 6.4 “La noche boca arriba” – Julio Cortázar
- 6.5 “El Sur” – Jorge Luis Borges
- 6.6 “No oyes ladrar los perros” – Juan Rulfo
- 6.7 “La siesta del martes” Gabriel García Márquez
🗣️ Unit 8 - Escritores contemporáneos de Estados Unidos y España
- 8.1 ...y no se lo tragó la tierra: “...y no se lo tragó la tierra” – Tomás Rivera
- 8.2 “Mi caballo mago” – Sabine Ulibarrí
- 8.3 ...y no se lo tragó la tierra: “La noche buena” – Tomás Rivera
- 8.4 “Como la vida misma” – Rosa Montero
AP Spanish Literature Exam MCQ & FRQ
- 🤯 AP Spanish Literature Free Response Help - FRQ: A complete breakdown of the writing and thinking process of the FRQ and LEQ, including tips and advice from previous AP Spanish Lit students.
- 🖊 AP Spanish Literature Multiple Choice Help: Stuck on multiple choice? An overview of the MCQ portion of the exam along with tips and tricks.
AP Spanish Literature Quicklinks
- 🗂️ AP Spanish Literature Exam Guide: A complete breakdown of the AP Spanish Literature exam, including advice and examples.
- 🤔 Is AP Spanish Literature Hard? Is AP Spanish Literature Worth Taking?: A breakdown of the two most asked questions about AP Spanish Literature, including tips and advice from previous AP Spanish Literature students.
- 😂 Perfect Memes for AP Spanish Literature: We've compiled a few of the best AP Spanish Literature memes that are not only funny but are also relevant to the course content/structure! .
- 🏆 How to Get a 5 in AP Spanish Literature: If you're taking the AP Spanish Literature & Culture exam this year, you may be worrying about how much content you have to master before the exam in May. Sure, it is a lot of work, but by studying smart, it is completely achievable.
- 🏠 AP Spanish Literature Self-Study and Homeschool: Self-studying can be a big commitment for some students, which is why it's so important to weigh both your pros and cons before making a final decision.
- Where can I find Fiveable's AP Spanish Literature resources?
- Do you provide support for AP Spanish Literature?
- Does Fiveable help students pass the AP Spanish Literature exam?