For more tips, check out the Ultimate Guide to AP Human Geography.
👉 Join Fiveable+ for live cram reviews the nights leading up to the exam.
- There are 75 questions to answer in 60 minutes.
- Every question is weighted equally and there is no penalty for guessing. You get a point for every question you answer correctly and you don’t get a point if you are wrong. Points are never lost.
- Each question has 5 possible answers, A-E
- Only your bubble sheet is scored, so make sure to fill it out as you go.
How to attack the questions:
- Read the question. Make note of what it is actually asking you. Circle any words like NOT or EXCEPT.
- Read through all 5 possible answers and cross out any that you are 100% sure are wrong.
- Choose the best answer and bubble the scantron.
- Put a start next to the question if it's something you want to come back to, but do not leave the question blank. Answer everything and just come back to starred questions if you have time.
- Go through all 75 questions before you go back through. Don't second guess yourself, but also trust your gut if you feel you should change an answer.
- Make sure you are answering on the scantron as you go. Do not answer in the booklet first and copy later. You will run out of time.
- Make sure your answers are lined up on the scantron correctly. There's nothing worse than skipping a question by accident and then all of your answers are wrong.
- If there is 1 minute left and you still have unanswered questions, choose a letter and bubble in the rest that letter. Don't go random, choose one letter. Odds are there is one question with the answer B and if answer them all B, you'll get that point. ONLY do this when you are truly out of time.