➕ Check out these other AP Calculus BC Resources!
- Attend AP Calculus BC weekly live streams with Fiveable+ here!
Okay, I know what you’re thinking. It’s Calculus BC, one of the hardest AP’s some high school students take. That’s probably how you ended up here to begin with. Now, I’m not going to sit here and pretend the class and exam won’t be difficult. They will be. But, you’ve already made it through Calculus AB. In all honesty, the content might be different, but the level of difficulty is not going to drastically change between the two classes. So, take a deep breath, commit to doing the work, and read on for tips and tricks that might just give you a head start on the exam.
- Freshen Up on Your AP Calculus AB Knowledge 🧠
- ...and your precalculus, algebra II, and geometry knowledge
- For most high school students taking the class, it is the finish line that all the other math classes have been leading up to.
- The skills you are asked to learn and apply are based on simpler skills you’ve learned in previous years
- Look over past study guides and exams and make sure you are headed into the class with a strong foundation of knowledge.
2. Get to Know the Exam 📝
- Know the content of the exam (units and test distribution)
- Know the structure of the exam (timing, structure, and types of questions)
3. Get to Know Your Calculator 🧮
Functions you need to know how to use:
- Definite Integrals
- Zeroes of a Function
- Intersection of 2 curves
4. Find Good Outside Resources
- Different per person
- Youtube videos
- Fiveable articles and streams
- AP Prep Books / Textbooks
- Online Notes
- Much more!
5. Set Up a Study Plan AND Use It 📅
- Make a study plan before the class
- Have a dedicated time and place and schedule
- STICK TO THE SCHEDULE!
Although the exam is still months away, it is never too early to start prepping. And you, being here, are already on the right track. So take these tips, use them, and prepare to attack AP Calculus BC with confidence. Good luck!