➕ Check out these other AP Calculus BC Resources!
- Attend AP Calculus BC weekly live streams with Fiveable+ here!
A critical point is any point on a curve where the derivative either does not exist or equals zero. These are important points to consider when solving any equation as all maximums and minimums are critical points. So how do you find them?
- Take the derivative of an equation.
- Set the derivative equal to zero and solve for the x values.
- Also find out at what x values the derivative does not exist.
- Plug these x values back into your original equation and you have your critical points.