How do I host or join a Discover Room?
To host a room on Fiveable, all you have to do is fill out this form and start your session! Here are some helpful tips to make your session awesome 👇🏼
1️⃣ Before creating a room
Make sure to review the Code of Conduct before hosting your first public session. As the host, you are expected to compile with the expectations outlined on the Code of Conduct, as well as hold the attendees in your room to the same standard. 🙌
2️⃣ Configuring your room
- We've found that students are more likely to join a public room if the host is available, so be sure to set the time and date of your room when you fill out our Discover Room Form.
- Before starting your session, make sure you have the following settings in place.
- You can change your room's settings by clicking on the gear icon ⚙️ on the top right of screen, and toggling the controls to match the image on the right.
- After, click 'Update settings' and you're ready to host your first session!
3️⃣ During the Session
- As the host, you are responsible for moderating the chat, making sure users are compiling with the Code of Conduct guidelines. If they are not, please remove them from the room for the safety of the other users.
- Refer to our How do I remove someone from a room? article to remove users who are violating the Code of Conduct. ❌
Click below to join a public room already in session!